Can yoga improve the condition of scoliosis?
- How does one practice yoga with scoliosis?
- Does it help, and yield sustainable long term results?
- What about the frustration, depletion, self-consciousness, and disharmony that one can experience?
As someone with scoliosis, these were some of the questions Adelene had. This introductory workshop is open to students, teachers and practitioners alike, to demonstrate and offer a tested approach in practising and living with scoliosis.
With open discussions held within a safe sharing environment, Adelene will share her journey and experience. We will learn and understand how to practice with scoliosis, explore how the therapeutic effects of yoga can be applied specifically to structural / functional imbalances. It is often not about What we can or cannot practise, and more importantly it is How we practice. This non-invasive approach to the condition could potentially: help to alleviate physical discomfort; re-map postural alignment; re-establish and refine balance; release emotional and psychological tension brought about by living with scoliosis.
This workshop offers:
- insights into the spinal health of those with scoliosis
- develop sensory intelligence and acumen
- modified practices to improve the symptoms of scoliosis
- build confidence in managing and practising with scoliosis
- restorative postures to balance and rejuvenate
- learn healthy daily posture for optimal support
Through years of training, research, teaching, self-study and dedicated practice, Adelene has successfully helped herself and many others reclaim freedom (physically, emotionally and mentally), hope and empowerment within themselves.
Come to understand it, to experience it, to share it!