1. Are you a Memphis native and if not where are you from?
I am from the windy city of Chicago. I found my way to Memphis after matching for a psychology internship position that started August ’16.
2. One thing you really love about downtown Memphis.
The perfect juxtaposition of the music scene, restaurants/bars, and boutiques (my favorite yoga studio included).
3. What made you decide to practice yoga and what was your first experience like?
Yoga is such a complement to all physical activities. I practiced yoga on and off since undergrad, but it was not until I started seriously weight lifting and running did I appreciate my practice. My first experience was riddled with self induced anxiety and intimidation. I really appreciated the emphasis on acceptance and mindfulness, which is still often the hardest part for me and I am slowly learning to make those two components a bigger part of my practice.
4. 3 things you never leave home without.
Snacks (protein bars or almonds)
Cell phone – in case I get lost, because let’s be real, I still don’t know my way around Memphis
Rosebud strawberry lip balm
5. What makes you laugh out loud?
Memes! I cannot help but laugh out loud when I find one that’s relatable, which happens quite frequently.